Home Learning Expectations and Resources
We expect children to complete the following home learning to help develop key skills needed to meet the expected standard in core subjects:
- Reading your home reading book and/or library book at least 3 times a week.
- Practising weekly spellings.
- Practising times tables at least 3 times a week (KS2)
- Practising counting forwards and backwards, number bonds and simple addition and subtraction (KS1)
As a school, we subscibe to the following learning platforms and your child should have a username and password:
- Spelling Shed
- Numbots (KS1)
- Times Tables Rock Stars (KS2)
You may also find the following links useful to support learning at home:
Place Value Basketball- Great to help support early place value work and understanding of the value of hundreds, tens and ones.
A fun quiz game based on different elements of spelling, punctuation and grammar. Children need to answer questions correctly in order to progress to the next level
A tablet friendly website where children can practise letter formation and joining letters. The website also has lots of resources which can be printed to practise handwriting at home. Log in details are above.