British Values are an important part of school life at Bessacarr Primary and are incorporated into many aspects of our curriculum and daily school life.
British values are broken into 4 key areas :
- A culture built upon freedom and equality, where everyone is aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Everybody has the right to have their voice heard.
Rule of Law
- The need for rules and laws to make a happy, safe and secure environment to live and work in.
- Protection of your rights and the rights of others around you.
- Allowing people to be independent thinkers who can make their own choices.
Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
- Understanding that we all don't share the same beliefs and values.
- Respecting those values, ideas and beliefs of others whilst not imposing our own onto them.